Saturday, February 20, 2016

Second Morning With A Top Denture

Last night was the first time I had to take my denture out on my own. I had to before bed. I pulled the denture out and rinsed it off. There were little noodles in it! GROSS! I won't be able to chew for a while, so Jeremy made me a crushed up pack of Ramen Noodles for dinner. So funny that small noodles got stuck in there, haha!

I rinsed away the noodles and other residue, then took my super soft baby toothbrush and brushed the entire denture. It was so odd brushing my teeth while holding them, but this gave me a chance to see them, really well, up close. They are so cool! They are beautifully crafted. It's art, it really is.

After I was finished brushing, I filled a plastic tub container with water, that was given to me by my dentist, dropped a fizzy cleaning tab in, set my denture inside, closed the lid and said goodnight to my new teeth.

Now, it was time to brush my real teeth (remember, I still have all my bottom teeth - minus two). I had to be gentle because I had one lower tooth pulled and two fillings. I carefully brushed my teeth, tongue, roof of my mouth, lips and then EVEN MORE GENTLY brushed my upper gumline. Y'ouch! Lastly, I flossed, rinsed with warm water, put on some chapstick and went to bed.

Oddly enough, I spoke better without the top denture in! I thought for sure I would drool everywhere if I said anything. Nope.

I woke up this morning and, I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous about putting the denture back in. First, I had to rinse my mouth and brush my bottom teeth. Then, I took the denture out of the container and SUPER gently put it in place. There was some discomfort when putting it in, but there weren't any tears. I swallowed to help suction them, then I put some chapstick on and smiled at myself in the mirror. I smiled at myself and I liked who I saw smiling back at me! :)

So, there ya go.
That was my night and morning routine.

p.s.
A funny thing.. my denture has my name on it. Yeah, my name! No one can steal them, now, haha! I took a picture to show you all. Look!

2 comments: