Friday, February 19, 2016

24 Hours After Extractions & Immediate Denture Was Placed

I've had my denture in place now for about 35-36 hours. Firsts things first.. OWIE! My whole face hurts. I keep forgetting I have had this whole big procedure done and I keep trying to do things like nibble the skin on my lips, or rub my lips together after putting on chap/lipstick.

Now, about how they look and feel. If I smile TOO big, they look ridiculous, but I'm talking a REAL big smile. No one does that. The teeth themselves are beautiful. They're the exact shape and size as the teeth I was born with. I was scared I'd go home with Gary Busey teeth! The gumline color isn't as pink as my natural gumline, but my dentist assured me that it can be changed (dyed or something).

I am alternating Norco and Ibuprofen off and on every two hours. On a pain scale of 1 to 10, 1 being no pain and 10 being horrendously painful, I am at about a 7-8.

The end.

1 comment: