Tuesday, February 16, 2016

32 years old, and I am getting dentures.

I am 32 years young. For the past 10-12 years, I have struggled with embarrassing teeth. Cavities, root canals, extractions, fillings, stained teeth, chipped teeth, teeth breaking down to the gumline, abscess teeth, low/no enamel, bad breath, gingivitis, not being able to smile at all, and I'm sure much more. Needless to say, my teeth are very stained, have plenty missing and what's left are very brittle.

Just two weeks ago I was eating a sping roll from Chinese takeaway. I bit wrong and one of my bottom teeth broke  at the gumline. It's in tremendous pain.

I scheduled an emergency dental visit and also ask for a consult with the dentist whom specializes in dentures. He feels my bottom teeth are in healthy enough condition to save with a couple fillings and just one extraction.

My top teeth will all have to go. 10 teeth will be extracted. Immediately after they've been removed I will have a denture placed.

During that appointment, we paid the majority of the expenses. Then, the dental assistant took impressions of my top teeth, gumline and upper pallette. A week later I revisited to have my lower teeth and bite impressions made.

In two days I will be having this procedure done. I am very embarrassed, excited, nervous, anxious and a million other emotions. I will be keeping track daily on my paon level and how I am doing.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Raven. I will be following you. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh this is great to keep us informed Rav..of what they are doing and how you are feeling emotionally...in our minds it is not an easy thing to go through..but just think..you will be a new woman..i am praying for you..i love you pretty girl⭕❌

      Delete
    2. You will be a new woman..more confident..you will feel great..nice to keep us informed..love you

      Delete
  2. Oh, how I feel for you. I too, have had many, many issues with my teeth. Although, I haven't had to have dentures as of yet, my teeth are a constant struggle for me. I was born with teeth that were very crooked. Since then, it was downhill with gum disease, root canals, and you name it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sorry you’ve been going through hell, too. It’s been a couple and a half years since you commented. I was wondering if you got any help or dentures maybe?

      Delete
  3. Don't be embarrassed! This is the right decision for you, and I have a feeling you will be relieved afterwards. It sounds like you've really been through the wringer when it comes to dentistry. Dentures are designed to restore your teeth. You will surely have you confidence back when you get used to wearing your dentures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, you wrote “You will surely have you confidence back when you get used to wearing your dentures.” You were absolutely right! It was hard at first, but now 2.5 years later- they’re apart of me. I don’t even notice the denture (I just have a top one because my bottom teeth weren’t bad).

      Delete